Part-two of my final reflection


nationalstorytellingday | Tumblr


This class was my favorite in the whole semester! It is all because I enjoyed the content and 
assignments. I used to enjoy sharing my creations on forums especially in middle school, I shared my traditional drawings, digital drawings, videos editing and Photoshop edits with other people online. This class brought me back to these nice days, but it had its own mood. It was really great for me to be able to include things I really enjoy in one of my classes. The course requirements were very flexible, the environment was very welcoming and the whole setup allowed more innovations. Other than the nostalgia factor, I learned a lot of new concept that I will be able to include in my future work in the classroom environment with my students.


aesthetic gif | Tumblr

 The meaning of providing the elements of affect & aesthetic into the storytelling process and how significant it is. To promote better understanding and follow up from my students to the story plot and structure as well as offering something charming to look at. As well as promoting factors that allow the viewer to experience empathy and sympathy toward the story characters. I think all these factors will allow in enhancing children’s reasoning, cognitive and social abilities and skills. 


ACT1


Cute Cartoon Tumblr posted by Ethan Cunningham

My first project, I have very mixed feelings about it. It was nice to share the concept of “animatic” with other which is something I really like and heavily watch on youtube. I always wanted to try and this was a great opportunity to do it. Still, some unfortunate events appeared that limited my ability to offer the best I could which is why I am very much not satisfied with how it all came out and absolutely not proud of it. I think I could have done better but I guess it's okay. 



ACT2

Image via We Heart It #art #galaxy #pink #pixel #purple #stars ...

It was a very unique experience, I had to do other online-group work in my other courses, but my team in INTE5340 was the most memorable for some reason. I liked how dedicated the team was by setting up the zoom meetings without being asked to. The whole environment was super supportive and welcoming to come up with new ideas without being scared to be judged or turned down. Originally, I planned to work on a blog too, but then I discovered this really great program called “RPG maker MV” that allows you to create your RPG maker game which was something I aimed to do for the longest time, and this seemed like a great opportunity because INTE5340 class is all about trying new things. It was a bit difficult to even add the tile sets and organize them in the maps, I was getting frustrated about whether I made the wrong decision choosing to work on something very new to me and have 0 experience at. Still, I thought about how every step of everything I have learned was as difficult, so I kept following the tutorial and looking up the things I struggled with on google. At the end, it was all worth it. I was very very happy with the final product but a bit disappointed about the fact that not everyone will be able to play. I wish I knew that from the beginning but I guess such things could happen whenever starting something entirely new to you.  It was a great learning experience overall!


Animated gif about gif in Special ♧ by Junka on We Heart It

ACT3

This was the easiest to work on, as always I struggled a bit to find a topic but then I decided to make it more personal because that's what some students did on ACT1. I thought that not a lot of people are aware of gluten free diet and the issues coming from it, it is such a struggle and I wish things could be easier for people who suffer from it in the future. I made an animation for an audio (an interview) using a graphic tablet. I was pleased by it but I wish I had more time because it was very busy 2 weeks where I had to submit 3 final projects, still it was nice to work on it.


Missed Streams and New Power creeps? - Mabinogi

Overall, I think the only thing I struggled with in the class is the first step in starting a new project or finding a topic, I was thinking maybe if we get certain theme or topic for every ACT at for me that would make the process of coming up with ideas to begin the project way faster and easier. Sometimes I get that fear that the topic or the idea for the project I chose my not be “very fitting” or “good enough” for the course content or the teacher expectations. 

Idea by Zer Ee Phua on Thank you gifs

Still, the supportive environment allowed me to get over all these doubts and just do whatever I’m interested at. In addition, this class was very outstanding experience and I think looking at stories as a way that communicate humans feelings and thoughts is very poetic and I love it. I believe this is a class where with every semester students learn something new, it is changing and adjust to how people think and feel about the themes of storytelling which is the best thing about the class. It is very flexible and did not force us to follow certain curriculum, guideline or instructions. I did enjoy listening and watching stories through media and online platforms even before taking this class rather than just reading them on books, which is why I liked how in this class we appreciated the story telling on the same mediums I personally like.


تعليقات

المشاركات الشائعة من هذه المدونة

Team Titan Game File (Windows users only)

Web Assignments:Google Draw Something